If you are a training company looking to stand up and be found, Content Marketing is the way to win more business.
What Is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is the creation of entertaining and educational material that solves problems for your potential customers, generating interest in your business by offering solutions in a non-salesy way.
It includes blog posts, articles, podcasts, newsletters, e-books, webinars, quizzes and videos, and sets you apart from your competitors.
Consistent Great Content builds trust and loyalty with your target audience, and interprets your offering to search engines – through keywords and text (SEO) – to allow more buyers to find you online when researching answers.
Informative Content Marketing is a long-term strategy that continues reaching quality buyers by ongoing sharing of your valuable insights through blogs, forums, social media, paid and influencer channels.
Accurate and relevant Content Marketing brings people to you rather than you approaching them, bringing you website traffic, leads, customers and advocates.
How Do I Plan Content Marketing?
People are looking for information online, so answering your target clients’ questions with valuable knowledge via blog posts, e-books, and videos will push you up search results and highlight you as an authority in the training industry.
Research who your audience is, then use a content calendar (such as these http://soloprpro.com/the-best-content-and-social-media-calendar-templates) to plan what to publish when and where.
Use timely ideas (such as holidays, industry events, seasons, awards) plus evergreen topics that stay fresh (such as ‘How To Motivate Difficult Staff’).
Choose your goal – new customer sales, increased existing customer sales, improved brand awareness, industry expert status, education of Influencers, building a long-term audience, a larger social media following, more website visitors, increased conversions to sales – and tailor content accordingly.
Choose a content marketing mission to keep you focused, such as “We provide SMEs [our audience] with staff development information [our type of content] to help them increase profitability through reduced sickness and improved safety [their business goals]”.
What Content Should I Publish To Win New Training Business?
Blogs are the main starting point for Content Marketing. Provide, for example:
- Useful How-To Guides – Establishing A Safety Culture In The Workplace In 2019
- Educational Tutorials – How To Perform A Risk Assessment
- Industry news and Insights – Mental Health At Work – Your Obligations
- Checklists – Comprehensive Accident Reporting, Fire Test Procedures
- Inspirational Case studies – How Company X saved £50,000 per year on staff sickness and recruitment after Company Y Delivered the Mental Health First Aider course
- Expert Advice – 10 Most Common Health & Safety Myths
Blogs Should Be:
- Relevant and Recent – How Shell Could Have Avoided a £60,000 Health & Safety fine
- Long-Form – Complete Guide To Care Home Workplace Safety
- Targeted to a Specific Persona – How To Manage Working At Heights In The Commercial Cleaning Sector
Lead magnets can be ebooks, webinars, resource lists, reports, free trials, quizzes, mini-courses that generate leads by solving a real problem for your customers, such as ‘How To Manage The Health & Safety Of Mobile-Workers’.
They should provide valuable insights with easy-to-implement solutions that show off your expertise.
Guest blogging is a fantastic way to improve SEO, raise your brand awareness, attract inbound links, build trust, and get new online visitors.
- Identify appropriate and authoritative sites that your ideal customers visit, such as business agencies, enterprise news, trade journals, management, health and finance platforms.
- Pitch and write a great topic such as ‘ How To Protect Yourself From Personal Liability In Workplace Health & Safety Claims’.
- Respond to comments and shares to engage individuals and build new relationships.
- Promote content using social media and measure results.
Gated Content means hiding some content to entice visitors to subscribe, using a powerful Call To Action (CTA) in your landing page.
You can gate blog posts, news articles, white papers and research, webinars and videos, checklists and cheat sheets, downloadable resources and tools, lead magnets.
Whilst gated content can annoy visitors, and reduce the number of people you connect to, it can help you understand who your true audience is, what matters to them, build deeper relationships and create more targeted marketing.
Video is one of the most popular content formats around, and is proven to generate leads and make sales.
You can create explainer videos, showcase your services, deliver tutorials and lots more simply using a mobile and YouTube, so it’s easy to get started.
Have a look at our guide for more ideas: https://brilliantbusinessblogs.com/2018/11/08/video-marketing-for-the-terrified-what-to-post/
Find Out More:
For quality blog writing services, please visit http://www.brilliantbusinessblogs.com or e-mail email@example.com